Rostechnadzor says mine accident caused by poor maintenance

The Ural division of Rostechnadzor (the state environmental, technological, and nuclear safety watchdog) carried out an investigation and detected that the fatal accident at Kalyinskaya mine (SUBR-Stroy, Sverdlovsk Region) on January 15, 2010 had been caused by poor mine maintenance, badly organized working space, unsatisfactory arrangement of production processes, and lack of control over technological and production discipline, the spokesperson for the division reports.

The fatal accident occurred at Kalyinskaya mine on January 15, 2010. The victim was a forty-five-year-old shaft man. A rock mass movement caused him to be swirled into the sagging rock funnel, which killed the unfortunate man.

The Ural division of Rostechnadzor declared that in order to deal with the causes of the accident, it is necessary to inspect SUBR-Stroy, do unscheduled appraisals of the mine’s engineers and technicians, and discuss the causes and the circumstances of the accident with the staff of Shakhtoprokhodka and SUBR-Stroy’s managerial divisions.

Другие материалы по теме: