Vysokogorskiy ore mining and processing enterprise puts up additional pulling unit in fang of Yuzhnaya mine

Vysokogorskiy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise JSC (part of Evraz Group) has recently completed putting up the additional pulling unit in the fang of its Yuzhnaya mine. According to the company’s spokesperson, this is an emergency device that will provide for a prompt escape of miners onto the surface in case anything goes wrong. The fang is located quite far from the main one, with its cage capable of transferring ten to fifteen people at a time.

The fang has been under construction since the beginning of the year 2006: the builders have already installed the alarm system and dealt with the cage and rope installation; they are now busy with the balancing and commissioning of the pulling unit. It is expected to have been launched by the beginning of August; it should be examined and approved of by an ad hoc committee consisting of experts from RosTechNadzor and Gospozharnadzor (authorities responsible for technological and fire-fighting supervision), the rescue service, and the company’s management. There are over 700 people currently working at Yuzhnaya mine altogether, with 150 miners per shift daily.

Другие материалы по теме: