United Machine Building Works take part in first stage modernization of Severniy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise of Ukraine

The 1500/180 primary crusher delivered by OMZ Uralmash (part of United Machine Building Works) started operating at No. 3 crushing plant of Severniy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise, the Ukraine.

The crusher was made at Uralmashzavod based on the engineering project of OMZ Crushing and Reduction Equipment (both enterprises are part of OMZ Uralmash). Ukrainian Prime Minister Viktor Yanukovitch attended the launching ceremony that took place in mid-October.

The introduction of No. 3 crushing plant at Severniy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise (part of MetInvest Holding) has become the most significant project in Ukrainian ore mining industry over the last 15 years. The crusher produced by United Machine Building Works is the main piece of equipment based on the cycle-flow manufacturing technology. This is quite a new scheme for large ore mining enterprises consisting in installing the crusher directly in the mine, from where ore is transported with the help of a conveyor belt rather than trucks. This saves time and money and should allow Severniy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise to recover its capital within a year.

‘The crusher is now located at the mid-level of Pervomayskaya mine. In two or three years’ time, when the mine gets deeper, it will have become unprofitable to transfer ore with trucks, which is why we will then set up one more cycle-flow facility at the bottom of the mine. Besides, we’ll deliver our equipment to another Ukrainian company, Yuzhniy Ore Mining and Processing Enterprise, next year,’ says General Director of OMZ Crushing and Reduction Equipment Sergey Chervyakov, reports the spokesperson for United Machine Building Works.

Другие материалы по теме: